Iain Tate, recently wrote on his blog crackunit about his experience at Adbusters Mental Detox Week. Basically it meant he stopped doing screen and computer based things for a week, think about that again and it is actually a lot harder than it sounds.
I think any digital native, can relate to what Iain learnt, I have listed the 10 points below.
1. Phones are good
2. Email can wait
3. Ipod breed Ipods
4. Pens vs Pixels
5. Screens and sleep
6. The fractulisation of stuff
7. Computers create width not focus
8. I felt cut of from stuff not people
9. Without computers I felt less creative
10. Computers are easy to hide behind
This is a great post read about each point in detail here
“Be yourself, everyone else is taken”
15 hours ago