Monday, 4 August 2008
23 Youth branding rules
I found this on Ruby Pseudo blogs, thought it was quite true.
23 Rules for brands wishing to attract the youth:
1. Don't be patronising.
2. Don't stereotype.
3. Don't try and be cool about uncool things.
4. Don't take advantage.
5. Don't take the piss.
6. Show respect when selling to us.
7. If something worked once, please don't assume it will work again.
8. Get to know your target.
9. Don't forget you're still corporate.
10. Don't underestimate our intelligence.
11. Don't abuse our lack of it.
12. Sometimes simplicity is the best approach.
13. Honesty is the best policy.
14. Don't think for a minute that just because it's funny we'll like it.
15. Be honest, we don't like small print.
16. Overpricing is just silly.
17. Be first with the next best thing, or be good at catching up with the competition.
18. Don't bring out a new product every week.
19. We like Variety, so try and change your tune every now and again (but whistle in your own words)
20. If you don't know by now, I shall tell you now. Intentional virals that are made to be sent around DO NOT WORK! So please, stop trying.
21. Be innovative, not stupid.
22. Keep it short and sweet. We're terribly busy.
23. Help us do things, we've got dreams